Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A couple stories for the ladies

Thanksgiving week so it means those in the office are loading a little more onto their work plates to compensate for holiday scheduling.

I'll be at the paper every day but Thursday, and then, thanks to my mom's outrageous cooking skills, I will redefine gluttony. A Turducken stuffed with crawfish etoufee, green bean casserole and some sort of cajun wild rice are menu items I know of off-hand. Ahhhhhh I cannot WAIT.

Hunger aside, Saturday I went to a community baby shower in Frayser and wrote about the goodies given to about 500 expectant and new moms, as well as some of the infant mortality outreach being done here.

And earlier today I did a write-up based on Self magazine's list of healthy cities for women. Guess what spot Memphis came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment